The Lash Lift is really a treatment for the professional. You have to know exactly what you are doing. But even with the most experienced Lash Lift specialist, results sometimes leave something to be desired. The 5 most common failures. And, of course, the solutions.
1. Lashes detaching from the shields
It can happen that eyelashes detach from the lash elevator shields after applying cream 1 or 2. Basically, the main cause is that you haven't used enough Adhesive. But it can also be due to too short or stiff hairs that do not stay in place properly. You can then also choose to use a small piece of eyelash tape. Make sure you use real beauty tape!
How do you use tape? Apply Lash Elevation Lifting Cream 1 to the lashes, followed by a strip of tape horizontally at the bottom of the lashes. After the soaking time has passed, peel off the tape and remove the cream. After applyingLash Lift Setting Cream 2, perform exactly the same actions. After step 2, you have the option ofdyeing the lashes . After dyeing, you obviously do not use tape. This is because in the dyeing process it is not necessary for the eyelashes to be fixed against the lash elevator shield.
2. Lashes Overcurled
If the lashes are too curled, you can repeat the Lash Lift treatment again with Mrs.Highbrow products. Only now use a larger size Lash Lift Shield.
Note that the application time per lotion is now only 2 to 3 minutes. This is because the lashes are already treated; so you are not using the original soaking times.
Because the lotions re-lighten the lashes, the paint will disappear from the lashes, though, should you have dyed them. Thus, it is necessary to dye the eyelashes again.
3. Not Curled Enough
Are the lashes just not curled enough? Then you can repeat the Lash Lift treatment again briefly with our Lash Elevation products. Just use a smaller Lash Lift Shield instead of a larger one. Again, the application time per lotion is only 2 to 3 minutes. The same applies to dyed eyelashes: you should also dye them again if you did the same with the previous treatment.
4. Lashes Too Warpy
Do your lashes look very tousled after a Lash Lift? You probably didn't attach the lashes neatly enough to the shields. The best thing to do then is to "relax" the lashes. To relax the lashes, briefly repeat the Lash Lift treatment, but without the shields - so the curl goes out.
- Apply a generous amount of Lifting Cream Step 1 to the lashes with a micro brush.
- Move the brush from root to tip and repeat until the hairs are straight.
- Remove Lifting Cream 1 and repeat the above steps with Setting Cream 2.
Clean the lashes thoroughly and apply Conditioning Oil 3. Leave the conditioning oil on for 3 minutes and remove with a damp cotton pad.
- Rest the lashes for 4 to 6 weeks before performing another Lash Lift treatment.
5. Lashes Are Unevenly Curled
It may happen that some hairs do not curl as well as others after a Lash Lift treatment. For example, the outer lashes still stand forward and the middle ones contain a worse curl. Often the cause is that too little product was applied to certain hairs. You may then redo the Lash Lift treatment on these hairs. It is a precise job though because you have to specifically target only the lashes that are not curled properly.
Use the same size shield as you did in the first treatment. You will see that the well-curled lashes will fall right into the shape of the shield. Repeat the steps on the lashes that are unevenly curled. Note: Do not use the full application time because the lashes have already been treated. Often 3 minutes is enough, as the lashes have already picked up some product during the first treatment anyway.
My Lash Lift Does Not Work Like I Used To
Do you normally create dazzling Lash Lifts but don't want to get it right this time? There could be several reasons for this. Don't panic right away and calmly go down the list. After all, it doesn't have to be directly due to you; it could be due to certain actions or characteristics of the client. In any case, offer a reasonable solution if the client is not satisfied with his or her Lash Lift.
What could be the reasons why a Lash Lift doesn't take as you are used to? Here are the 5 most common causes mistakes we often are:
- The Lash Lift products are expired. Mrs.Highbrow's Lash Lift products are still good for 4 months after opening.
- The Lash Lift has been repeated too soon after the previous Lash Lift. At least wait 6 weeks before doing the Lash Lift treatment again.
- Client's lashes are too oily or not cleaned properly.
- You allowed the creams to soak in for too short a time.
- You did not remove the different steps properly before starting the next step. This causes the product to continue to work.
Online Lash Lift Course
In this article, we gave you solutions to problems we see beauty babes encountering on a regular basis. Would you now like to perform a Lash Lift treatment with all certainty? Then follow our Online Lash Lift Course. Then you will learn all the tips & tricks needed to perform a perfect lash elevator.
- Start in the online learning environment at your convenience;
- Unlimited access to the course;
- Upon completion you will receive a digital certificate;
- Another 6 months of online coaching.