Is combining Brow Lamination and Henna Brows a match made in heaven or a beauty faux pas? Read on to find out the ins and outs of these popular treatments and the impact they can have on your clients' brows.
Combining Brow Lamination and Henna Brows? Opt for one of the two treatments to avoid over-intensifying results and overworking the brows.
Does a client want brushed-up brows and darker hairs? Go for the latest Mrs.Highbrow Dye. Apply after step 2 and leave it on for only 3-5 minutes.
Mrs.Highbrow offers two products for brow lamination: in deluxe pens and convenient pouches. Choose the product that best suits your needs!
It's still the burning question: can you mix Brow Lamination and Henna Brows? Our inbox is flooded daily with inquiries about this, and it continues to be a hot topic on our social media channels. Although we've addressed this a few times before, we'd like to shed some light once again on the matter of Brow Lamination and Henna Brows.
Brow Lamination Ór Henna Brows
As a brow stylist, you always aim for top-notch results for your clients. So, at Mrs.Highbrow, we're not exactly fans of combining Brow Lamination and Henna Brows, but we understand that preferences vary and you have your own techniques. That's why we're happy to share our thoughts on why we prefer to choose one of the two treatments, so you can make even better decisions.Different focal points: Brow Lamination is a treatment that concentrates on lifting eyebrow hairs to create a full, natural look. Henna Brows, on the other hand, emphasize the imprint on the skin, creating a sleek and defined brow shape. Due to the imprint, individual hairs are less visible, which can lead to an unnatural effect. Opt for either treatment to achieve the most stunning and harmonious result. Both treatments have their own unique benefits.
Chemical Processes: Both Henna Brows and Brow Lamination are treatments that involve chemical processes to achieve the desired outcome. Mixing these two treatments can cause your eyebrows to become over-treated. This means the hairs are subjected to too much stress, which isn't good for the health of the brows.
Brow Lamination & Hybrid Dye
If a client has very light hair, the brows may not be prominent enough, despite the stunning brushed-up effect of Brow Lamination. Tinting the hairs can be a great solution to give the eyebrows that extra bit of definition.
Instead of Brow Henna, specialists can opt for a regular eyebrow dye or our newest, revolutionary Hybrid Dye. We recommend using a light color, such as Oat, so that the imprint on the skin isn't too intense. Additionally, Brow Lamination causes the hair cuticles to open, allowing the hairs to absorb the color better. As a result, you only need to let the dye soak in for 3-5 minutes for the perfect outcome.
How to Dye Brows During Brow Lamination
Follow these steps to dye eyebrows during a Brow Lamination treatment:
1. Perform the Brow Lamination treatment as usual. Ensure the hairs are properly lifted and placed before proceeding with the dyeing.
2. After removing lotion 2, proceed to dye the brows.
3. Instead of Brow Henna, choose our newest Hybrid Dye. Note: In addition to the Hybrid Dye, you will also need the special Hybrid Dye Developer.4. Use a light color, such as Oat, to prevent the imprint on the skin from becoming too intense. Keep in mind that even the lightest color will darken quickly because the hair cuticles are open.
5. Carefully apply the dye to the eyebrow hairs using a spoolie or a fine brush. Be sure to apply the dye evenly and touch the skin around the eyebrows as little as possible.
6. Leave the dye on for 3-5 minutes. The Brow Lamination causes the hair scales to open, which allows the hairs to absorb the color better and reduces the soaking time.
7. Gently remove the dye with a damp cotton pad. Be sure to remove all dye residue.
8. Comb the brows again and apply Brow Lamination Step 3. Let it sit for 1 minute and remove with a cotton pad.
TIP: Order all colors of Hybrid Dye, and pay for only 5!
2 Types of Brow Lamination
1. Brow Lamination In Luxury Pens
Convenient click system: never too much or too little product
Luxurious look: perfect for professional use
- Economical: also available in the form of luxurious and economical Master Kit.
Note: after opening, the pens have a shelf life of 3-4 months.
2. Brow Lamination In Handy Bags
- Versatile: can be used for both Brow Lamination and Lash Lifting
Economical: box of 10 bags, each good for 3 to 4 treatments
Hygienic: individual pouches ensure freshness and optimal hygiene
Please note: if you want to get multiple treatments from 1 pouch, please do so within 48 hours of opening.